Sunday, April 29, 2018

Psalm 89 - "Our Confidence Is In The Lord"


The Lord has me praying for those pastoring churches to be "confident in their spirit." This included lead pastors, youth pastors, administrative pastors, family pastors, children pastors...all pastors. He had me pray for them "to be more forward with their testimony as they spread the Gospel." He took me to Psalm 89 and stopped me at verses fifteen through eighteen. This Psalm is about His covenant with David as He showed mercy on him. These three verses in particular show how one lives when they live with Him. When one totally surrenders their being to God, life is different. They are content with whatever happens because they know they have the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Matthew Henry writes:

Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing.

Yes! I desire to be known as a 'peculiar' person! But if I am not spreading the Gospel as I am commanded to do I cannot be known as 'peculiar'! If I am not being bold in my spirit sharing Him with all I meet, I am not being 'peculiar' at all. If I am not loving on people with His love, there is no way I am being 'peculiar'! What does it take to be 'peculiar'? It takes being confident in my spirit so I will be forward with my testimony. It also takes sharing the Gospel. I am praying this for myself along with all pastors as we share Him to all we meet.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege of praying for pastors. Saturday night is one of my favorite times of the week. What a joy it is to know You trust me with this task. There was no one specifically last night to pray for, just all pastors. Lord, may we all be confident in our spirits and more forward with our testimony as we love on people with Your love. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me so You will ooze out of me in a mighty way. Be my words, actions, and attitude so people see/hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Confidence. Amen.


No comments: