Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Psalm 34:8 - "I Am Not Alone"


I am so grateful for the way the Lord provides exactly what I need. Yesterday was another emotional day as I thought about it being my Daddy's birthday. As the tears fell, I thought about his last few days on this earth. He was going to sit on the porch and hand cookies out for his birthday. I had a big banner made so people would stop. Different people volunteered to make the cookies needed. We prayed for it to be warm weather so he could sit outside. I don't think any of us thought he was close enough to leaving this earth as he was. God had other plans for his birthday. Instead the cookies were served at his calling hours. Yesterday as I thought about the cookies I thought I need to make cookies and give them away. I pulled out a Psalm 34:8 lesson and took it and cookie dough with me to 'activity time' with Jimmy and Eli. They loved it and so did I. They fill up my emotional tank when it is empty. The Lord filled it too yesterday with the way I felt His loving arms around me. He encouraged me as I heard some strength returning in my Momma's voice. He encouraged me with the towel from Joan that had the postcard colored by Shirley with it. 


I think about some people who are going through some tough days and are not in relationship with the Lord. They have heard of Him yet they have never accepted Him into their life. I don't know how they get through days such as I experienced yesterday or the day before. I think of that saying I saw on a church sign...

No God = No Peace
Know God = Know Peace

I am grateful for the strength and peace He gives me everyday. I am praying for those who do not know Him to seek Him and for those who know Him yet are still holding onto 'stuff' to let go and walk in obedience to His will. That life is the best life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You have encouraged me over these last few days. Thank You for putting Tim in Orrville when my Momma needed someone; Kim at the hospital; the package from Joan; and my cookie baking time with Jimmy and Eli. Father, You encourage me so much in so many different ways. I praise Your Holy Name! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I am praying for those going through tough days without Your strength. May they have someone say or do something today to know You personally. I also am praying for those who need to give You complete control over their life. I pray for strength for Doc as he is tired and working along with teaching the teens tonight. Father, may You use him to make a difference in someone's life today. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager. Amen.

No comments: