Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Psalm 31; I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "Overcomer"

The Lord took me to Psalm 31 this morning. This one shows how David lived many years ago and how I strive to live today. Righteousness is my daily mantra. Praying is something I do continually just as I Thessalonians 5:16-18 tells us. Paul tells us to rejoice and give thanks just as Psalm 31 tells us to praise Him. Verse two of Psalm 31 shows how my prayer life is. He is my "rock of refuge" as I talk with Him. David tells us faith and prayer go together as we have relationship with God. Verses nine through eighteen show the troubles David goes through. David depended upon his relationship with God to get him through trying times. I depend upon God to get me through tough days. I know He knows what I'm going through but I also know I need to voice my concerns to Him. Praying is more for my benefit than for Him. Verses nineteen through twenty-four of Psalm 31 tell us to not focus on our troubles but instead to praise God through them. It is in His presence that we will find refuge. I like how Matthew Henry states it:

Lord, pardon our complaints and fears; increase our faith, patience, love and gratitude; teach us to rejoice in tribulation and in hope.

It is only by living in His love that we can accomplish be an "Overcomer" to the trials of life. It is only through His strength that we can stand up against the things the enemy sends our way. Verse twenty-four is so precious to me...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of Psalm 31 this morning. Thank You for always being here for me, loving on me in ways that are so encouraging. Thank You for our time last night with the children and teens. Thank You for Marlene being here for a visit. Thank You for a better night's sleep. Woo hoo...I have so much to be thankful for! I pray today You will cleanse me so You can fill me. Empower my words, actions and attitude to be Yours today. May people see/hear You through me. I pray for my Momma as she awaits to find our if surgery will happen tomorrow. I also pray for Merriel's family as she is under Hospice care. Lord, so many people going through tough days...may they lean upon Your strength but most of all I pray they will have You as their Hope for eternal life. Thank You for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: