Thursday, April 20, 2017

Psalm 1 - "Blessings"


Today marks a big day in my life. Four years ago today my earthly Daddy left this earth. There have been some sad days since then but there are so many happy memories of him. Today I am choosing to bask in the happy times instead of the sad times. I miss him so much but I will think of the morning phone calls and hearing, "Sheila Babe how are you doing today?" If I told him I was struggling, his reply was "It's OK but don't let the MS get to you. Keep moving. I love you." I am one blessed lady with having so many 'good' memories of my Daddy. I know many ladies don't have such memories of their growing up years. That makes it especially hard for them to accept a relationship with their Heavenly Daddy. My Daddy taught me so much...to love the Lord, to be generous even when I had little, to respect, to encourage...so many things. He taught me when you are a parent the decisions that have to be made are not always easy. Sometimes the decisions our children make disappoint us but we must remember part of growing up is making mistakes. We learn from our mistakes as we depend upon the Lord. We grow in our relationship with not only our Heavenly Father but also those we are in relationship with. As I look back on my boys lives I know I made a lot of mistakes in raising them but I also know they have grown into two fine men. I am one blessed lady as I see the godly husbands and fathers they are. I am grateful the Lord blessed me with both of them seeking His will in their life. Both of them are making memories with their little ones that are making lasting impressions on their hearts. I also am blessed with the godly man God has given me in my husband. Last year he told me to pray about where the Lord wanted us to serve. When the Lord revealed to us it was South Carolina, there was no hesitation. He knew it would be a difficult move for me to be away from family but he also knew if we didn't follow God's will we would be miserable. I am one blessed lady with this man being so devoted to the Lord and for loving me through "sickness and health" in some tough situations. Oh how I wish my Daddy could see our new home. I wish my boys could see it too. I hope some day they will be able to. Today I am choosing to remember happy memories. I am choosing joy over sadness. I am choosing life over death. Yesterday is just that but today is a new day that I will listen for what the Lord desires of me. Yes, I am one blessed lady.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for today! Thank You for the way You will go before me as I travel and give me a safe trip. Thank You for the way You will encompass me with Your strength as I go to the Ministry Assessment without Doc. Thank You for the way You will love on my family on this day that brings back so many memories of my Daddy. I pray they will choose joy instead of sadness today. I pray You will enable them to remember the happy memories and give them Your peace. Father be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.


No comments: