Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I John 5:4-5 - "The Lion and The Lamb"


As I was reading I John 5 verses four and five made me do a happy dance! Jesus gives us the power to have victory! His power enables us to be greater than anything the enemy throws our way! That is exciting, especially when going through tough times where one feels like they are being sucked up by the enemy. We must keep our faith in Christ and allow Him to take our faith deeper during tough times. I love what Matthew Henry says about these verses...

"Faith is the cause of victory, the means, the instrument, the spiritual armour by which we overcome. In and by faith we cleave to Christ, in contempt of, and in opposition to the world. Faith sanctifies the heart, and purifies it from those sensual lusts by which the world obtains sway and dominion over souls. It has the indwelling Spirit of grace, which is greater than he who dwells in the world. The real Christian overcomes the world by faith; he sees, in and by the life and conduct of the Lord Jesus on earth, that this world is to be renounced and overcome. He cannot be satisfied with this world, but looks beyond it, and is still tending, striving, and pressing toward heaven. We must all, after Christ's example, overcome the world, or it will overcome us to our ruin."

Love "The Lion and the Lamb" that Big Daddy Weave sings....

Our God is the Lion, the Lion of Judah
He's roaring with power and fighting our battles
And every knee will bow before Him
Our God is the Lamb, the Lamb that was slain
For the sin of the world, His blood breaks the chains
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb

Yes! He does fight our battles! His power is our power! His victory is our victory! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the victory You had on the cross! Thank You for the victory I have in You! Father, I pray for more people to come into relationship with You. I pray for You to use me to bring people to the realization Your death and resurrection is their victory! Be my words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day! Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me! Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: