Friday, April 7, 2017

I John 2:1-2 - "One Step Away"


I love "One Step Away" Third Day wrote. I especially loved hearing them sing this in a concert. It was when I was in the wheelchair and wanted to stand up so bad to worship but was content with sitting. The words in this song have such great meaning for those who have turned away from the Lord or even for those who have never been in relationship with Him. During the night I woke up a couple times to this part of it...

Lay down, lay down your old chains
Come now, and take up your new name
Your best life up ahead now
You're one step away

Yes! When we walk into relationship with Him, our best time will be in our future. We no longer have to be bond by our 'old chains' but instead can have freedom in Christ. Once we accept Him in our heart there may be times we fall but He is there to pick us up. When we take the step to live a life of holiness, the desire to blatantly sin is no longer a part of us. Instead we strive to live as He did while on this earth.

One step away from surrender
One step away from coming home, coming home
One step from arms wide open
His love has never let you go
You're not alone (not alone)
You're one step away
One step away

Jesus' death on the cross was not just for one or two people but for all of mankind from that point on until the time He returns. I never want His death to go for naught. My desire is to live as He desires of me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One I live for. Thank You for loving me enough to accept me back into Your open arms when I turned away. Thank You for blessing me in abundance with Your love, mercy and grace. Father, I pray for more people to come into such relationship. I also pray You will guide me to be bold in my spirit so people will come to You through me. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude and vision to be mine today. I pray for opportunities to love on people in a way You will shine through me. Lord, thank You for answered prayers yesterday. It started out rough but I praise You for the the way You uplifted us throughout the day and gave us victory over the enemy. Thank You Jesus for being the My Best Life. Amen.

No comments: