Tuesday, April 18, 2017

John 15:5-8 - "Oceans"


So, so many people to pray for....

  • a mother with a drug addicted son
  • a woman having a breast biopsy today
  • a woman going through breast cancer surgeries
  • a widower who is lonely for his wife
  • a teen and her brother who are dealing with the suicide of their father
  • a young mother/wife who is struggling with spiritual needs
  • a family in turmoil
  • a college student with a presentation today
  • a missionary with serious health issues
  • a separated couple
  • a pastor seeking God's will on where they should be ministering
The Lord hears our prayers even though He already knows the needs. I praise Him for listening to me when there is not the need on His end but He knows there is a need for me to speak to Him. In before Amen Lucado words it, "We speak. He listens. He speaks. We listen." I love how Lucado describes when we prayer. "When we invite God into our world, he walks in. He brings a host of gifts: joy, patience, resilience." He continues writing about how when we pray, we have peace over tough circumstances. We have peace in the midst of storms through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Today I am praying peace over many people who are going through storms. I pray they will have relationship with Christ so they can be empowered by the Holy Spirit. I pray they will know God as their Daddy. I also pray they will know how to have such a relationship. There are so many who grew up not knowing their earthly Daddy or did but was continually hurt by him. They struggle with understanding a close relationship with their Heavenly Daddy. I am so grateful I had a wonderful relationship with my earthly Daddy. Oh how I miss him! It is so hard to believe in two days it will be four years since he left this earth to be with our Heavenly Daddy. Oh how I miss his morning phone calls. I miss his encouraging words. But I am grateful the Lord took him out of his pain on this earth. He no longer deals with the effects of cancer but instead is pain-free. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me enough to listen to my prayers. Thank You for empowering me so I can have peace in the midst of storms. Father, this is a tough week but You are greater than anything that comes my way. You are greater than a tough class, the emotions of the week of the anniversary of my Daddy's death, ministry assessments, adjusting to Doc working, etc. You are greater and for that I am so blessed! Today is a new day and I pray blessings to be in abundance. Thank You for the blessing of ten hours of sleep. Thank You for the blessing of the beautiful sunshine. Lord, whatever and wherever this day leads me to I pray You will use me mightily to be a beacon of light for You. Be my words, actions, attitude and vision. May I be a blessing to You in all I say and do. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: