Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Jude 20-21; Romans 8:26; Romans 12:1-2 - "The Lion and The Lamb"


As I was pondering on the book of Jude this morning I once again settled in on verses twenty and twenty-one. It is interesting what Jude directs us to do in dealing with people who are trying to cause problems in the church. He does not tell us to attack them. Instead he tells us to be focused on our own walk with the Lord. So many times we, as human beings, want to lash out at those who are doing us wrong. That is not the way the Lord desires us to do. His desire is for us to love them with His love. It reminds me of the old saying to 'love them with kindness' that you hear people say when someone is causing you problems. The way we can do this is by:

  • keeping ourselves in the center of His will so we can love with His love (vs 21)
  • building ourselves up on our faith (vs 20)
  • praying in the Holy Spirit (vs 20)
  • stay ready for His return (vs 21)
We must continue to grow in our spiritual being in order to stay in tune with what the Lord desires of us. Our prayers need to change from just asking for what we need or want to listening to His voice for the desires of His heart. In order to hear His Voice we need to be living in the center of His will. To live in the center of His will we must be sanctified holy in Him. That life is where we will live out Romans 8:26 in our prayers. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us. That life is also where we will live out Romans 12:1-2.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Yes! That is exactly where I enjoy living...in the center of His will! There is no better place to be then there!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the way You have already blessed me this morning with safe travels for Doc. Lord, today is a new day and I pray for lots of opportunities for Your love to show through me. Father, enable me to focus on You throughout this day in a way that will blind my eyes and ears to anything negative. Be my words, actions, thoughts, and focus throughout this day in a mighty way. Lord, You woke me up at 11:35 last night to pray for a loved one in a difficult situation. I pray for them to feel Your presence as they go throughout these tough days. I pray You will stay so close to them and love on them through people who love You. You brought "The Lion and The Lamb" to my mind as I prayed for them. I am so blessed that You are the Lion and You fight our battles! Thank You Jesus for being My Lion of Judah. Amen.

No comments: