Sunday, April 23, 2017

John 11:35 - "Tears"


I woke up this morning singing "Tears" and started wondering if today was going to be an emotional day. I wondered if the Lord was trying to tell me something for myself or for someone else. Tears are healing. Society says men should not cry because it shows weakness. That is not true. Tears are a part of how God created us. Jesus wept as He was with Mary and Martha when their brother Lazarus died. Why did He weep at that particular time? Was it because He was emotionally drained from the situation? Was it because they were weeping and He was sharing their sorrow? Was it that He was sad Lazarus died before He got there? Maybe it was because Jesus knew going to this family would take Him closer to His death. Jesus knew what His Father wanted of Him. In John 4:11 He said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." Jesus knew His time on earth was nearing the end. Later in the chapter John writes of how He stayed with His disciples instead of going around sharing the Gospel. I wonder if Jesus wept as He told them of His nearing death. If He did, I don't believe it was because He was afraid but instead maybe a little anxious on whether His Heavenly Father would be glorified through Him. Sometimes life gets hard and tears come. Sometimes those tears are out of frustration, sadness, fatigue, etc. But the part that is so great about tears is Jesus uses them to cleanse. The words to this song go...

Just let 'em fall, like healing rain
Watch the walls, start crumbling
Let your heart beat, and feel the weight
You've carried disappear

Just let 'em fall, right down your face
Hit the ground, in a pool of grace
And feel the things, you haven't felt for years
That's why God made tears


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the emotional release of tears. Thank You for being with me throughout tough days. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You allow me to feel emotions to the point of tears. They cleanse what needs to be released. Father, I have Your peace yet there are times where life is tiring. Thank You for giving me Scripture and music to fill me up. Thank You for showing me it's OK to have tears. Lord, I don't know if this reminder was for me today for myself or for someone I will be in contact with. Either way I am grateful for it. Lord, be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a mighty way. I pray for Your love to flow out of me in everything aspect of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Example. Amen.

No comments: