Saturday, April 29, 2017

I Corinthians 16:13-14 - "This I Believe"


The Lord woke me up this morning singing "I Believe"....

I believe in God our Father
I believe in Christ the Son
I believe in the Holy Spirit
Our God is three in one
I believe in the resurrection
That we will rise again
For I believe in the name of Jesus

Amen! This is what I believe! I need to not only say it and live it out but I need to be able to explain my beliefs when asked. The ethics class I am taking is very overwhelming as we are studying different philosophers. I am grateful I know who I am and what I believe. I can see how someone taking this class could get so confused if they were not grounded in their faith. It is hard to argue an argument for or against something when it goes against your beliefs. It is especially hard when you aren't allowed to use Scripture to back your words up. On one hand I understand where the professor is coming from because he wants to make sure we know what we believe. On the other hand I don't understand why we can't use Scripture to argue or defend an issue. I guess it will be a new leaning experience for me. The Lord knows my heart. He knows when I write something against His word it is not what I believe but rather just an assignment for the class. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that reminds me of the importance of not just knowing what I believe but also being able to explain it. Lord, thank You for the opportunity to take classes. Thank You for bringing Doc home safely and for the opportunities You will give him today to be Jesus to many. I pray the same for myself. Lord, fill my words, actions, attitude and focus with You. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Belief. Amen.

No comments: