Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Jude 20-21 - "Lift Me Up"

The Lord woke me up with these lyrics to "Lift Me Up" going through my mind...

Waiting for the sunrise
Waiting for the day
Waiting for a sign
That I'm where You want me to be


I thought about how knowing I am where He wants me to be is a comfort. Yes, it is hard to be away from family but the Lord gives me encouragement to get through tough days. When I feel like some family has forgotten me, He has someone to give me words of encouragement. When a special day comes up on the calendar and I can't be with them, He has something happen that lifts me up. When I feel lonely, He puts someone in my path. The song continues with...

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me 
So I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me 
So I'm letting go


These words are so true. When we allow Him to have total control of our lives, we feel His love in a whole different way. His love is the only way I can live each day doing His will. Plain and simple. His love. Oh how I wish more people would experience living in His will. There is so much freedom in living a life of holiness. The hurts of life are not felt as deeply because of the peace He gives through them. In the book of Jude we are told to persevere through life. As I was reading this book this morning the Lord stopped me once again at verses twenty and twenty-one...



Woo hoo! "the real life!" That is my goal! I know I must stay in the center of His will in order to accomplish all He desires of me. I also know I will be greatly blessed through this type of life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday. Father, I know I could not have given the Gospel message last night without Your strength with the way my head was pounding. Thank You for the children who heard it. Thank You for giving me not only the physical strength but the mental and emotional strength. Today is a new day and the headache is still with me. Would You please take it away or if not, would You please give me the physical, mental and emotional strength for whatever this day holds? Lord, I pray for someone to make the decision today to live a life of holiness through something I do or say. I know it may sound selfish but would You also let me know of their decision? Be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.



No comments: