Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I John 5:4-5 - "The Lion and The Lamb"



Once again the Lord woke me to "The Lion and The Lamb" that Big Daddy Weave sings...

Our God is the Lion, the Lion of Judah
He's roaring with power and fighting our battles
And every knee will bow before Him
Our God is the Lamb, the Lamb that was slain
For the sin of the world, His blood breaks the chains
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
Oh every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
Every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb

Woo hoo! "Every" not just some but "every"....that is so awesome to picture! As a believer, it gets difficult to see people not believe in the Lord but even more so it is difficult to see those who believe but live one foot in the world and the other for Him. I remember when I thought I was living the way He desired only to find out I was still holding onto things He wanted. There were hurts from my past stopping me from allowing the Holy Spirit free reign in my life. The way people treated me or spoke to me made me respond in an unloving manner. It was so much easier to give up my 'checkbook' and my 'calendar' than it was to give up 'junk' from the past. I am so grateful for His empowerment that opened my eyes. I also am grateful for the confidence I have in knowing I will be with Him again in Paradise. These days are tough in so many ways but I know He is My Strength. In so many instances, life doesn't make sense but that's OK. I do not have to understand. All I have to do is trust in Him and have faith He will enable me to do what He desires of me. Some days I feel like I am on the ride of my life and I just have to hang on. Even though the days can be grueling they are exciting. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this song again this morning! Thank You for the knowledge I am living in Your will. Father, I pray for more knees to bow before You. I pray for more people to come into relationship with You so they too can be confident of their future with You. Father, today is another crazy day. I need Your supernatural strength in a mighty way... physically, mentally, emotionally and most of all spiritually. Would You put before in my path who will see and hear You through me today? Would You please give me opportunity to pray with people and enable me to be focused on You so I don't miss any opportunity You give? Would You feel me to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit? I love You so much and am so grateful for all the blessings You give to me. Thank You Jesus for being My Lion and The Lamb. Amen.

No comments: