Sunday, April 9, 2017

I John 5:1-3 - "The Stand"


It is one thing to say you love the Lord and it is another to live His love. It is easy to say, "Yes, I love Him" but when He asks for your obedience to give it. Yesterday as we were handing out flyers for next weekend the Lord prompted me to pray for one young man who came to a door. I had never met this man before and I may never see him again. But the Lord prompted me to pray for him. I started to walk away but turned around and asked him if I could pray for him. He had a stunned look on his face and I explained the Lord told me to pray with him. I asked him if he were going through anything in particular or had any immediate needs. His reply was, "Not right this second." I prayed and then I asked him if he knew the Lord and he replied, "Yes, I'm a Christian." As I walked away he seemed to be pondering the incident. I pray he will seek more of the Lord. I pray he will have a closer walk with the Lord. Another time of praying was with an elderly lady who was coughing so much. She apologized and said she had been suffering for over two weeks. I asked her if I could pray for her healing and she said, "Oh honey, yes please!" As I started to touch her arm her big (150 pound) dog looked up at me. I asked her if he was OK with me laying hands on her and she assured me he was. So I did. As we were walking away from her I thought about how I prayed yesterday morning...

Thank You for this day ahead! I pray for Your love to ooze out of me in a mighty way. I pray for no one to doubt Your love is in me. Father, bless our efforts today as we canvass the church neighborhood. I pray for open doors for You to heal not only physical bodies through us but most importantly spiritual bodies. 

I find it interesting that out of all the people we talked to I prayed with one for a physical healing and one for a spiritual healing. I have faith He provided both of those yesterday. I also am believing His love showed through me and that I lived out I John 5. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for the seeds that were planted through my obedience to Your voice! Thank You for the opportunity to show Your love to many! Thank You for the ability to hear Your voice! I also thank You for Beverly who spoke to many Hispanics when I could not! What a blessing yesterday was even though my physical body hurt by the end of the day I was blessed in my spirit. Father, today is a new day. I pray once again for people to see Your love through me. I pray for You to be my words, actions, attitude, focus, and vision throughout this day. I pray when the enemy tries to pull me down my focus on You will be greater. Close my eyes and ears to anything from him. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: