Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Even If"


The Lord woke me up two times during the night to pray for different people going through tough times...

  • the families with the loss of their fourteen year old sons
  • the family of the young man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning
  • the family of the fifty-three year old lady who died suddenly of an aneurysm
  • the toddler who was sent to Akron Children's with breathing issues
  • a teen girl that I don't know why needed prayer but the Lord told me to pray
  • a young man and his classmates who left at 5AM for their class trip to DC
  • the family of the young lady who died from an overdose
  • the man who is awaiting trial
  • the family in transition that has moved in with other family members
  • a pastor with a crisis in their church
  • a pastor seeking God's will for the future of their family
As I prayed the Lord told me that some of these people are praying but not to Him. He also said some are not in relationship with Him but are praying. He needs people to go around the ones who are not in relationship with Him and bring them into the fellowship. Many of these ones are miles away but some are here in South Carolina. I prayed for Him to reveal to me ways I can open such door for them. The words to "Even If" came to my mind...

Even if the healing doesn't come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn't come

I use to think this song was about a physical healing but soon realized it is about any kind of healing. There are so many who need a miraculous healing in their physical bodies. We pray for that to happen on this earth but there are times the Lord gives it to them in death. There are also many who need a healing in their spiritual being. Some of them have been in relationship in the past but chosen a different path. Some have never known Him. Either way they need a healing. The Lord is always ready to accept us with open arms. His will is for all to come into relationship with Him. He also desires His children to trust in Him. Sometimes that is so hard to do but that is when we try to do it in our own strength instead of His. Our strength will fail. His will never fail. This song starts out...

Sometimes all we have to hold on to
Is what we know is true of who You are.
So when the heartache hits like a hurricane
That could never change who You are.
And we trust in who You are

I hope the ones I prayed for throughout the night who know Him will trust Him with the days ahead. I also hope the ones who are not in relationship with Him will find that trust. Trust is the key to having peace in the midst of the storms. Proverbs 3:5-6 says it so well on how to live for Him even in tough days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Strength yesterday once again with the prescription issues. Thank You for the resolution of one of them. I pray today will be the day the second one will be resolved but if it isn't I am trusting You to provide. Lord, I thank You for waking me during the night to pray for several people. May my prayers be blessed in abundance by You. Father, I also pray for my husband today to feel your presence in a mighty way. I pray for our time with the children and teens tonight to be blessed. Please be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. Thank You Father for being The One I Trust. Amen.

No comments: