Saturday, April 8, 2017

I John 3:1 - "Hello, My Name Is"


I love being called a "child of the One True King"! I also love knowing...

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it’s true
Just take a look at my life

I John 3 is about how we can't expect the world to understand the decisions we make for Christ when they do not personally know Him. Believers will be ridiculed and sometimes even hated because of the decisions made. As Matthew Henry says, "The sons of God must walk by faith, and live by hope. They may well wait in faith, hope, and earnest desire, for the revelation of the Lord Jesus." Recently there have been many days where I prayed the Lord would return. I'm tired of dealing with 'junk' yet I know it is the 'junk' that will grow my faith. I don't understand the ways of the world and sometimes I don't even understand the ways of fellow believers. In I John it talks over and over about having the love of Christ in us. Yet there are some who forget and that saddens me. When I see people without Christ in their life not loving, it is hard to accept yet it does not surprise me. But when I see people who profess the Lord to be their Savior not loving, it hurts. Matthew Henry continues, "The sons of God will be known, and be made manifest by likeness to their Head. They shall be transformed into the same image, by their view of Him." Yes! That is exactly how I want to be. I am transformed to be like Him. I do not have to live as the world lives but instead can live a life of His love. Even when it does not make sense or is hard, I choose love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and the way You were so close to me even in times of dealing with 'junk'! Thank You for this day ahead! I pray for Your love to ooze out of me in a mighty way. I pray for no one to doubt Your love is in me. Father, bless our efforts today as we canvass the church neighborhood. I pray for open doors for You to heal not only physical bodies through us but most importantly spiritual bodies. Lord, be our words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day. I also pray You will be blessed through us. Thank You Jesus for being My One True King! Amen.

No comments: