Monday, October 31, 2016

I John 3:23-24 - "10,000 Reasons"

The Lord is so good with encouraging me. Yesterday's theme with the puppets of not being afraid was a reminder I needed. I know He already knows the outcome of this surgery but it is hard to not be fearful. Hugs from Mr. Jimmy and Eli were icing on the cake at the end of service. The picture and scrapbook for the last Sunday of Pastor Appreciation brought tears. Our church family has been so appreciative throughout this month but more importantly they have been appreciative ever since we moved in. Last night talking with a lady who visited the church yesterday for the first time encouraged me. Another encouraging time was my Momma saying she was feeling a little better. Spending a little time with my neighbor Grammy was also an encouragement as I shared prayer requests with her. She is an inspiration! At ninety-three she no longer drives so is in the house most days. She doesn't waste her much time but instead prays as she knits or crochets. To end the day with Doc's cousin posting on Facebook about me was another encouragement. He encourages me to keep going when I feel like I need to stop. My earthly Daddy was so good at doing that and now that he is no longer on this earth My Heavenly Father is doing it. I am so grateful for His encouragement! As I read I John 3 this morning verses eleven through twenty-four are about love and hatred. I do not understand how anyone could hate another person. One of the things I taught my boys when they were growing up was, 'You don't have to like them but you do have to love them with Jesus' love.' He loved us enough to die for us! That is a pretty deep love. He loves me enough to encourage me when He knows I need it. I need to love in the same way. I try to practice encouraging people but I know I miss some opportunities. It is amazing how days are flying. Some days I feel like it is time to go to bed right after I got up. I don't know where the days go. But then as I look back on them and see where He has lead me I am blessed. It is kind of like I need to do that from time to time since I no longer have a 'to do' list to mark things off and then have the sense of satisfaction of my progress. Once again, the Lord encourages me. These verses encourage me to give whatever I have in His love when I see one in need. Due to change of finances that is not always possible in the financial sense but I am learning to be creative. Last night having a neighbor over who was having a tough day with her little one while Daddy worked was a way I could encourage. She needed a break from being the only one with little guy. While Doc played with him she helped me with making treats. I was so grateful to be able to be here for her even if only in a small way. I was also grateful hearing Mr. Gavin say 'I love you' when they went home. Digging in my 'gift' tote and finding the perfect thing to give to someone to encourage them encourages me in a mighty way. My spirit is uplifted when I find something that I bought years ago that is perfect for someone today. Once again, I am forever grateful for His encouragement. As I go throughout this day I will remember verses twenty-three and twenty-four of this chapter. Most of all I will be encouraged throughout this day as He shows Himself through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encouraged me yesterday and for all the ways You will encourage me today! Lord, You know how I always try to get things accomplished that have gone by the wayside on my off week from school. You also know with surgery that won't happen this week. But then You also know what I am to do about the class that starts next week. I don't have quite enough to cover it and unsure of what to do. I have to make the decision today. I am asking for a sign from You on whether I do it or not. Please make it very clear. I also ask today for open doors to be You with this lady I am meeting with and for open doors with anyone else that I talk with today. I pray for our time with the children at Child Evangelism Fellowship to be blessed with You oozing out of us. Lord, I pray for Your healing touch upon my Momma and siblings. I pray for those in my little world that need a touch in their spiritual life. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. Once again, thank You for being My Encourager! Amen.

 

No comments: