Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I John 2:12-14 - "Live It Well"


John blesses my heart in these words from I John 2. They are a reminder God is constant in life. He can be our stability when we receive it. He can be our assurance when we allow it. He was there in the beginning and will be there in the end. He forgives our sins and loves on us in a way no one on this earth can do. He listens to us no matter what. He is never too tired or distracted to hear our voice. John was not talking about fathers in the world sense but was meaning ones who have wisdom through life's experiences. He is not speaking of just men but of all. The 'children' spoken of here are not necessarily young in age but young in their spiritual age. Both of these groups have Jesus yet they still struggle with the enemy in their lives. The key is we do not have to struggle. John uses the words 'have overcome' which means the victory has already been won! Jesus' death and resurrection allowed for that victory. We no longer have to sin because He gives us discernment in the choices we make. We have to go beyond salvation and into a consecrated life for Him. Then the victory of the cross will not be for naught. All believers need reminded of these words. We all need reminded that we are where we are today because of Jesus. We also can have confidence in our relationship with Him because He is constant. His faithfulness enables us to live life as He so desires of us. The only way we can love with His love is to be full of Him. Once we are full of Him we can accomplish all He desires of us. This morning I awoke to "Live It Well" and now realize why after reading these verses.

Life is short; I wanna live it well...One life, one story to tell (one love)
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these reminders this morning. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for caring for me so greatly. Lord, I pray You will continue to draw me deeper in my relationship with You. I pray great and mighty things will occur due to my faithfulness to You. Father, I pray for miracles to be seen. I pray for people to be healed not only in their physical bodies but most of all in their spiritual bodies. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Direct my words, thoughts, actions and attitude today to be mirrored of Yours. Father, as I live out my life I want to be known as being 'constant' in my walk with You. Would You please enable me to fulfill that? Thank You Jesus for being My Constant. Amen.

No comments: