Friday, October 7, 2016

Psalm 91:14-16 - "Eye Of The Storm"


I woke up this morning feeling grateful for the knowledge the Lord is in control of everything going on. I love the words of Psalm 91 but especially verses fourteen through sixteen. I know when I call on Him, He will answer. I think of the words I read from Ben the other day...."Trusting God does not guarantee desired outcome. I endeavor to trust in the Lord always--not in hopes of getting "my way" but to lean on Him when I don't. Easy to say. Challenging to live out." We must trust Him, even through the unknown of Hurricane Matthew. We must trust Him, as He continues to take care of us. We must trust Him, whether we get back to our home in a few days or a few weeks. Plain and simple...we must trust Him. This morning I am grateful for...
  • friends who are praying
  • friends who have provided
  • food we brought with us so we do not have to go out
  • cell phone service to stay in touch with family and friends
  • provision of another hotel available when our reservation here is over
  • a bountiful breakfast even though it was only advertised as "free continental breakfast"
  • people who have encouraged me through God's word
  • personnel here at this hotel who are so pleasant even in times of stress..Al and the ladies at the front desk are awesome
  • the ability to continue with my school work 
  • opportunities to bless people with a smile and words of encouragement
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! You are so awesome in the way You bless us. Father, "You alone are my Anchor, when my sail is torn...Your love surrounds me...in the eye of the storm!" Yes! Lord, use me today to encourage people. This morning as Mordecei and I walked there were some crabby people out with their dogs. I pray they will be encouraged by You through me today. Use me in this place to make a difference. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You Father for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: