Monday, October 3, 2016

II Peter 1:19 - "Ancient of Days"


In his second book, Peter speaks about the need to stay focused on the Lord while we wait on His return. This morning the Lord woke me up singing "Ancient of Days" and I was blessed in the words..

Blessing and honor, glory and power
Be unto the Ancient of Days
From every nation, all of creation
Bow before the Ancient of Days


It is amazing how the Nazarene Church is growing in abundance outside of the United States. It is a blessing knowing people all over the world are coming into the knowledge of living a life of holiness. All nations! Woo hoo! It is also exciting to know the Lord brought us here to South Carolina to share the message of holiness. As we continue to seek His will on what that looks like, we will stay focused on Him. I love the word picture in II Peter 1:19. "It's the one light you have in a dark time as you wait for daybreak..." Jesus is the One Light we have as we wait on His direction. He is the One we must stay focused on. He is our Lighthouse in this endeavor. His light shines brightly and we will follow the direction He takes us. We have already followed Him this far and we are not going to give up now. He will open doors that need opened and He will shut doors that need shut. Why? Because He wants to see heaven on earth here in Beaufort, South Carolina. He wants to see...

Every tongue in heaven and earth, shall declare your glory
Every knee, shall bow at your throne, my Lord, in worship 
You will be exalted Oh God, and your kingdom, shall not pass away, 
Oh Ancient of Days


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement from Your Word and this song. Lord, I pray You will continue to open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me so people will see and hear You in me. I pray for Your attitude in my spirit. I pray for ones I come in contact with to have the desire in their heart to know You in a deeper way. Father, direct my steps today into the opportunities You have for me. Thank You Jesus for being My Morning Star. Amen.


No comments: