Saturday, October 22, 2016

Romans 6:18 - "Break Every Chain"


Where did yesterday go?!?!?! I realized coming home after 8PM I still needed to make some cookies or something for the ones coming to work this morning at the house. I also still needed to make a pot of soup. I was tired and my legs were hurting from shopping and I just wanted to go to bed. I also wanted to listen to Brother Dan on the livestream before going to sleep. It also hit me that I did not do my school work. I started to scold myself and then the Lord stopped me. Very clearly He told me He had blessed me with the day with my hubby. Of course, I told Him I was thankful for the day and appreciated Him blessing me with it. I then asked for a bit of energy to get the things accomplished that I needed to get done. He enabled me to make muffins but the soup and school work waited until today. As I listened to Brother Dan I was reminded of how my life use to be consumed with 'to do' lists. I sometimes had lists for my lists. I was shackled down by them. I felt I was a failure each and every day when everything was not accomplished on them. A few years ago, after hearing Brother Dan speak on living in His presence, I realized my 'to do' lists were not a part of His presence. I was not capable of doing His will to the fullest when I was tied to those lists. From that point forward the lists were only used for special occasions where I need to make sure I have everything for a church event or dinner. I received such freedom when I no longer was enslaved to the 'to do' list. I also realized so many more blessings by being ready to do His will at any time. Last night as I listened to Brother Dan I was reminded of a lot of things but the most important one was there is freedom in dying to things in our life that are not from Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders Brother Dan came last night. Thank You for the way You bless me through him. Thank You for the freedom You give through to me as I allow You to work in and through me. Thank You for our friends who worked hard at our home today. Thank You for the time Doc and I had together yesterday and for the peace You gave me in what to do and not do last night to prepare for this day. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You so You ooze out of me in such a way people will know You are My King. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for all the blessings of this day. Thank You for being My Freedom. Amen.

No comments: