Monday, October 10, 2016

Hebrews 6:19 - "Eye of the Storm"




The Lord woke me up at 5:08 this morning with the song "Eye of the Storm" going through my mind once again. He particularly had me thinking of...

You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn

I was thinking about that part of 'my sails are torn' and what that looks like in my life right now. We continue to be evacuated due to Hurricane Matthew. Many were able to go back home yesterday but we continue to wait for the word that we can go. Yesterday I fell on a spill in a store and hurt from head to toe but no injuries. Over the last fourth months we have moved many miles away from family, I had surgery and we are adjusting to what our new 'normal' looks like only to be taken out of it for this time. So yes I feel like 'my sales are torn' and a bit tattered from time to time. But once again I am blessed in knowing He is my anchor. He amazes me on people He has brought into my path here at the hotel...


  • Military wife whose husband is deployed and she had to evacuate
  • Almost ninety year old lady who evacuated and we had a conversation about God with over breakfast
  • My new friend Diane who I have prayed with and loved on
  • The awesome worship I was able to here by the church meeting here
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! Father, I don't know when we will get to go home but I pray You will continue to bless me with opportunities to be You to others while here. Father, I pray for an abundance of You to ooze out of me so people will have the desire in their heart to be in relationship with You. I also pray for You to overtake my spirit so I won't be crabby in this day You have given me. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor. Amen.

No comments: