Thursday, October 13, 2016

Daniel 4:34 - "Great Are You, Lord"


I woke up during the night a couple times singing...

It’s Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise, we pour out our praise
It’s Your breath in our lungs

So we pour out our praise to You only

Yes! He is the reason to be praised! No matter what we are going through on this earth, He is to be praised. He is to be praised through the physical storms of life like Hurricane Matthew. One might ask how He can be praised through the destruction of homes and the loss of life that many have seen through Matthew. It may not be easy but yet when one thinks about how He created us and He knows all then it becomes easier. He is our Hope in the midst of chaos. I told Doc yesterday if we didn't have 'storms' in our life, we would not rely on the Lord. We would feel like we didn't need Him. He knows we need things in life to make us aware of just how much we do need Him. King Nebuchadnezzar realized God was to be praised for keeping him through the 'storm' of life he went through with losing his mind.  He realized God was greater than him and had never left him even through the distraction of losing his mind. He realized the importance of praising God no matter what. This realization opened his eyes to a new way of living. He humbled himself before God and learned the importance of praising Him. As I walked around a friend's home yesterday taking pictures of fallen trees the tears started. I cannot imagine having to deal with what they are dealing with. Later as this song came to my mind I was reminded that no matter what happens in life we must praise Him. I like the reminder of the words "we pour out our praise" because it gives me the word picture of not just saying Praise The Lord but perhaps even shouting it. There is great depth in the word 'pour'! Why should we do this? Plain and simple. He created us and is with us through all aspects of life. He is to be praised! 

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for yesterday! I praise You for today! I praise You for tomorrow! I know You are with me no matter what happens and for that I am grateful! Lord, You know the things in my day and You also know the outcome. Once again, I am grateful knowing You are in control. Father, direct my words, my steps and most of all my attitude to be pleasing to You. May people see and hear You through me. Lord, I need Your strength in a mighty way today and I am thanking You in advance for it. Lord, be bold through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Praise! Amen.

No comments: