Sunday, October 9, 2016

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Eye of The Storm"



I was awake throughout the night praying for...

  • Pastors who will be preaching the Good News today
  • Pastors who are in an area where their church is closed today due to Hurricane Matthew
  • Finances of the churches that are closed today and the impact losing a week of offering will have on them
  • Churches with storm damage such as the one in the Bahamas
  • Those who have lost loved ones during this storm
  • Those who are evacuated from their homes...the emotional and financial impact on their lives
  • Those who 'survived' Hurricane Matthew and still have not given their heart to the Lord
So many prayers...so many people to pray for...so many sad situations. No matter what we are going through, we must trust Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 was our memory verse last Sunday in Children's Church. It was so fun watching the children learn this, piece by piece. I pray they have it in their hearts for the rest of their lives. Trust. A simple word that is so hard to do in our humanness yet is so much easier to live out in holiness. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday, today and tomorrow! Thank You for loving on us so greatly with so many people praying for us. Sometimes I get to the point where I do not know how to pray yet You are always there. I pray for my friend who is feeling so alone in her situation. I pray for little Liam's family who have watched their little guy leave this earth. I pray for three family members who are dealing with issues in their physical bodies. Lord, I pray for You to be so real to each of this ones during these tough days. May Your Spirit of Peace come down upon them in a mighty way. I also pray for Your Spirit of Peace to come down upon me today. I pray for more of You to encompass me so I am not crabby. Lord, I praise You for all the ways You have shown Your greatness these last few days. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust. Amen.


No comments: