Thursday, October 20, 2016

II Peter 3:11 - "Magnify"


As I read through II Peter 3 again this morning, I stopped at verse eleven. I am amazed at how many times we are reminded in the Bible of the importance of living a holy life. We must not only believe in the Lord but we must live for Him. He set the example for us to follow in the way we live. When Jesus was on this earth, He did the work His Father gave Him to do. The Bible doesn't tell us He questioned it nor does it tell us He ever said 'no' to His Father. It only gives examples of Him serving over and over. It does not show that He complained but instead shows how He encouraged people. These verses encourage all to live a life of holiness each and every day. As we do that, we will be prepared at all time for His return. Matthew Henry states, "Those only who are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, and sanctified by the Holy Ghost, shall be admitted to dwell in this holy place." I believe it is going to take more than just being saved to get into heaven. It is going to take living a holy life...living in His presence day-in and day-out, doing His will. Henry continues, "Those, whose sins are pardoned, and their peace made with God, are the only safe and happy people; therefore follow after peace, and that with all men; follow after holiness as well as peace. Never expect to be found at that day of God in peace, if you are lazy and idle in this your day, in which we must finish the work given us to do. Only the diligent Christian will be the happy Christian in the day of the Lord." Wow! We must be diligent in our life with Him. In order to find true peace in Him we must live a life of holiness. How can we find true peace? The only way is by living a life consecrated to Him. That life looks crazy to those outside of His presence. It doesn't make sense as to why one does what they do. It also doesn't make sense how one can have peace in the midst of chaos. It all comes down to having the Holy Spirit reside in those who choose to be totally sanctified through and through.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You give me Your peace. Thank You for the way You enable me to work through things such as an upcoming surgery. Thank You for the way You guide my words and steps. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit. I pray for nothing to stand in the way of me living in Your presence. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me. Oh Father, how I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and to allow You full control over their lives. Lord, You know the obstacles in people's way of living such a life. I pray those obstacles away. I pray for a cleansing in hearts and an infilling of the Holy Spirit upon people. Father, bless my efforts today as I strive to do Your will. Keep my ears in tune to Your voice. Thank You Father for being My Goal. Amen.

No comments: