Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "Broken Hallelujah"


Yes! Ecclesiastes 3:1...there are so many seasons we go through in a lifetime. When I hear young mothers complain of their little ones not sleeping or eating, it brings back memories of my boys growing up. As I see a Momma watching her son going to Homecoming or some big school event, I am reminded of my boys and their events. Those seasons of life seem to pass so quickly. There are also seasons in life that seem to never end. The waiting for a miracle in a loved one's health or the anticipation of a birth are ones that seem to last forever. This last week has been one that seemed to go forever as we waited for the Hurricane to hit. Then we waited to see where it would hit. Then we waited to see when we could go home. Waited and anticipated but most of all prayed. I am so grateful for so many things that happened over this last week. God's protection and provision upon us was so mighty. My heart breaks for the money that was spent for food and hotel. I see the money for my trips back to see family dwindling. I am so grateful we had the money there to use and also grateful for some friends who provided too. Money is not everything but when it is a must in order to see family it is very important. God will provide and I know that. Maybe this is a test for me on trusting Him to provide. I am grateful how He has provided in so many ways since we moved. Our new home, new friends, etc. He has provided. He has opened doors that need opened and closed some that needed closed. He continues to give direction on His will. That is the only thing I want...His will. "To everything there is a season..." This season is tough but I know I will persevere and be triumphant through His strength. As the tears fall, Doc asked if I was crying tears of joy or sadness. I don't really know the answer to that. I am so sad yet I am determined to be joyful in Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the protection over us and our home. Thank You for all of the people that were praying for us. Father, I pray for all of those who are in less favorable circumstances due to the outcome of Hurricane Matthew. May they find Your peace in the midst of the storm. I pray for Your strength to be their strength. Lord, use Your people to make a difference in their lives. Father, You already know how I am feeling today...the sadness I am feeling. Yet Father You also know my heart wants to be filled with Your joy. Please fill me up to overflowing with more of You so I can be a beacon of light for You. Thank You for my friend Tiffany who gave us this picture and for the reminder this picture gives me that this is just a season I am in. Thank You Father for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: