Friday, October 28, 2016

I John 2:5-6; James 1:2-3; Nehemiah 8:10; I Thess 5:16-18 - "Multiplied"


Wow, God is so good! He once again took me to I John 2 this morning which talks about His love after He woke me singing "Multiplied" which also is about His love!

Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain...



God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Halleluiahs be multiplied!



Yes! Our praises to Him need to "be multiplied" no matter what circumstances we are going through. I am reminded of James 1:2-3 that tell us to be joyful through tough times because the Lord is using circumstances to grow our faith. I am reminded of Nehemiah 8:10 that tells me my strength comes in the joy of the Lord. I am reminded of the words of I Thessalonians 5:16-18..."Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." Rejoice...pray...be thankful...these are good words to live out each day. One might ask why or how can that happen when going through tough days.  The answer is plain and simple in the last part of this verse. It is God's will that we stay focused on Him, lean upon His strength but most of all be in relationship with Him to where we can hear His voice on what to do each and every day. Jesus did not give up as He was ridiculed on this earth, tired, lonely, disappointed, etc. He kept on, keeping on with the empowerment of His Father. We need to do the same thing. Life may seem like it is falling apart but when we live in His will He has everything taken care of in His way. His love covers all the hurts and heartaches of this world. His love is greater than people turning away from us. His love is greater than cancer, diabetes, etc. His love is the answer. In order to have the answer in its fullness we must live a life surrendered to His will. We must be willing to go through tough times without giving up but instead go deeper with Him. We must be willing to raise up hallelujahs to Him at all times.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these reminders today. Father, You know the burdens I am carrying for different ones I am praying for. Most of all I ask that someone would go before them to open their eyes to You. Some of who I am praying for have never accepted You while others have but have not taken the step to be living in Your presence. Oh how my heart breaks for so many people. Lord, I also am praying for multiple physical issues. Cancer, unknown issues causing fevers, dementia, heart issues, diabetes...along with my own leg pain. Father, I loved what Doc heard in a sermon yesterday about how if we truly mean our prayers of 'on earth as it is in heaven' then we have to be worshiping You in a way that will invite You here. Oh Jesus, how I love living in Your presence but I want more of You to encompass my life. I desire more of You to ooze out of me. I was so grateful for the opportunity You gave me last night to once again talk with the young mother who You have put in my path for the third time. In the midst of hundreds of people last night You drew us together. That was no coincidence. That was definitely Your doing and I am grateful. I pray You will continue to give me such opportunities. Lord, I am not sure where You are leading me today or who I will talk to but I do know You are in the driver's seat. Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.


No comments: