Thursday, October 27, 2016

I John 2:15-17 - "Where I Belong"


I was reading I John 2 again this morning and felt both joy and sorrow in verses fifteen through seventeen. Joy because I know I have the love of the Father in me. I also know I do my best to have His love show through my words, actions and attitude. I know there are times, especially if I am tired or not feeling well, my attitude gets off-track. I don't like those times. They make me feel ugly. I am thankful those times are fewer and farther between than in days past. I have been praying against some nasty nerve pain in my hip and back these last few days. I pray not only for a physical healing from this pain but a renewal in my spirit so I keep Jesus' attitude and not allow the enemy to steal my joy. I love the reminder of joy my dear friend Marlene gave me a few years in the form of a wall hanging. I also am blessed as I read the picture of Romans 12:12 Cory and Tish gave me last year when I was going through my MS flair-up. Living in His presence is the key to living a life of joy. Saying 'yes' when the Lord asks you to do something so out of your comfort zone or off the wall is part of living in His presence. Biting your tongue and keeping your mouth shut when certain topics come up in conversation is part of living in His presence. Loving people who are so adamant on things that are against the Bible is part of living in His presence. Praying with people you don't know in public is part of living in His presence. Changing financial habits is part of living in His presence. These verses tell us that when we live as the world lives He will be squeezed out of our life by the ways of the world. That is where the sorrow comes into play. I am so sad to see people, even believers, who allow the things of this world to be in charge of their life instead of living in His freedom. So many people are kidding themselves that they are 'OK' when in fact the Lord is grieving over their circumstances. I truly believe many will be surprised when He returns and they are not with Him for eternity. Often I wonder if they will have time afterward to dwell on the way their calendar was filled with things other than God. I imagine they will regret spending money on 'stuff' instead of using it to further His Kingdom. We all have to live in the world without allowing it to consume us. God's will must come before the ways of the world in our life. The way for God's will to happen in our life is to love Him to the point of being consecrated to Him. That means allowing Him total control over every aspect of our life. There is no holding back no matter how much it 'hurts' or you question it. "This is not where I belong...Take this world and give me Jesus" needs to be on my minds at all times in order to live in the manner He desires of us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of these verses this morning. Father, sometimes I wonder why You put me in places You do or why You have me do things You do. I am always reminded that You know what You are doing and I do not have to understand. There is freedom in living in Your presence. I pray for more believers to get to the end of themselves so You can live in and through them. Death of self is the most glorious thing to experience! Father, I pray for more of You to ooze out of me in ways people will know it is You. I pray for more of Your words to flow from my lips. Most especially, as I deal with this pain, I pray for Your attitude to be my attitude in a mighty way. Thank You Father for being My Everything. Amen.

No comments: