Thursday, October 6, 2016

II Timothy 1:7 - "Eye of the Storm"

I say II Timothy 1:7...I mean II Timothy 1:7...but I believe I am realizing this verse in a whole new way with Hurricane Matthew. As I watch the weather on TV, read the updates on my phone, etc. realization that our life in South Carolina is being turned upside down is becoming quite apparent. The time of waiting on the storm to make it's way to our area are ones that produce fear. I am sure after it hits there will be time before we can get back to see if we even have a home and that time will produce fear. I must live out this verse. I must not allow fear to encompass me. I am so grateful people are praying because I am to the point where I do not know what to pray. I think of physical things such as picture albums that are in our home but those are all just things. The Lord has protected us and given us this place to stay at this point and for that I am grateful. I pray our neighbor who was going to "stick it out" left and is safe. I do pray protection over not only our home but the homes of others. I pray for police, fire/EMT, emergency personnel, etc. to be safe. I pray for wisdom for those in the track of the storm. I pray for the lady in Florida who chose to not evacuate until the roads were already closed and she was unable to leave. So many prayers...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this place You have given us to stay in. Thank You for the way You will provide to pay for it. Thank You for safety of many who left Lady's Island yesterday. Thank You for the way You will enable me to live out II Timothy 1:7. Father, I pray You will give me peace instead of tears. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: