Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hebrews 6:19-20 - "Eye of the Storm"


As I was praying this morning "Lord keep our house safe..." I asked myself if that was a selfish prayer or not. I did not want to leave it yet I knew we had to go when the governor said all within 100 miles of the coast must evacuate. It is amazing how quickly you get settled into a new place and feel like it is home. Before we left I checked on neighbors, gave hugs to Grammy and to our newest neighbor Tiffany. What a blessing to receive a text from her thanking us for welcoming them and how it has made the move more bearable. I also was blessed when she sent me "Eye of the Storm"...

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm

Right now there are many 'storms' going on in my life but I know He is My Anchor! I know "My only hope is to trust You, I trust You, Lord." Yes! That is the only way to live life...trusting Him. Trusting Him for physical storms...trusting Him for emotional storms...plain and simple...trusting Him. He is in control of all. His will "on earth as it is in heaven" will be realized. As I look out into the parking lot there are many South Carolina license plates so I know we are not alone in this place. Perhaps the Lord has brought us here to minister to those displaced as we are. Or perhaps there is someone in this place who needs Jesus in a way we can provide. I am not sure what the plan is but I know I am ready to see His will realized! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our safe travels! Thank You for this place we have to stay in! Thank You for the phone call from Nazarene Bible College checking on us! Thank You for the prayers that are being sent up on our behalf. Lord, I pray for those in harm's way from Hurricane Matthew. I pray for divine protection over them. Lord, I am not trying to be selfish but would You please protect our home? I also ask that You use us in this place You have settled us into for the next few days. Open doors for us to be You to those we meet. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor. Amen.

No comments: