Monday, October 17, 2016

II Peter 3:1 - "Great Are You, Lord"


I woke up this morning with a friend on on my heart. I started praying for her and then I checked the date and realized today is her hip replacement surgery. God is so awesome in reminding me of such things to pray for. He also is awesome in the way He gives me opportunity to pray for people I don't even know. The other day I had a lady I had recently met who needed prayer. I knew as I talked with her I was going to pray for a healing in her body but then before I had the chance to pray with her she became emotional and told me her son was in drug rehab for the third time. I was blessed in praying with her and in giving her comfort that she is not alone. Prayer is an important part of my life and I am so grateful to be in His presence throughout the day, and even during the night, where I hear His voice. I am also grateful for when He knows my heart and I don't even have to voice my prayers. I am also grateful for His Word that I have to read and ponder. In II Peter 3:1 we are told to have "minds in a state of undistracted attention." How in the world did Peter ever think this is possible? There are so many distractions in our world. We have families, jobs, children's activities, church activities, health issues, etc. How are we suppose to have "minds in a state of undistracted attention"? Plain and simple. We must live a life of holiness. We must be consecrated to Him so He is not only our actions but our thoughts. He is the One who directs our every word and step. Yesterday we sang "Great Are You, God" and these words really hit me...

It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
To You only

That is so awesome to think about....His breath is in our lungs! Woo hoo! When we live a life totally for Him, He is ready to work in and through us in some mighty ways. He goes before us and prepares hearts. He blesses people through us and at the same time blesses us. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me in abundance over these last few days. Thank You for the opportunities You gave me to be You to others...praying with and for people, making cookies for the linemen, sharing about "Loads of Love" to some of our district family...so many ways You have used me as Your willing servant. Father, today is a new day in a new week. I must admit it is hard to believe it was four months today since we moved into our new place. Thank You for the love that has been shown to us! Thank You for the new friends we have made. Thank You for more neighbors we met last night on our walk. Lord, continue to guide our words and steps to further Your Kingdom. You have brought us here for a reason and I pray Your will be done here in Beaufort, SC. Thank You Jesus for being My Attention! Amen.

No comments: