Tuesday, October 18, 2016

II Peter 3:8; Matthew 6:10 - "My Anchor"

The Lord took me back to II Peter again this morning and stopped me at verse eight. As I read this verse I thought about how sometimes when I am waiting on something it seems like time drags on. There are other times where it seems like life is going by so fast. There are times it seems like the Lord will never return but then I stop and think about all of the lost people in the world and pray for more time. I see people who have never accepted Christ who need to be told about Him in a way they will listen. I also see people who are believers yet continue to live their life as if they are in charge instead of the Lord. They need to realize He put us on this earth to live holy lives instead of earthly lives. When that realization occurs, then we realize when there is a delay in something He knows about it. We no longer want something to happen in our time but instead seek His timing. God does not get in a hurry nor does He worry over when something will happen because He already knows when it will happen. We cannot see the end result but we can follow His example by not worrying and allowing Him to do what will be done when it will be done. I go back to Matthew 6:10..."on earth as it is in heaven." I do not believe there will be clocks in heaven. But instead we will bask in His Presence 24/7. We can live in His Presence while on this earth and be assured He is in control of all. I like what Matthew Henry says about this verse, "What men count slackness, is long-suffering, and that to us-ward; it is giving more time to his own people, to advance in knowledge and holiness, and in the exercise of faith and patience, to abound in good works, doing and suffering what they are called to, that they may bring glory to God." Amen! He has a reason for this time we are here and that is to fulfill His desires. Woo hoo! May it be so!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! Thank You for this time You have given me to fulfill the desires of Your heart! Father, I pray for the openness in my spirit to do just that. I pray for boldness in my words. Lord, this morning You brought back the words to the song I sang Sunday to remind me that You are in control of this day. "Jesus, I hold onto You...and You hold onto me." Whatever comes my way You already know about. I pray for opportunities to be You today to all I meet. I pray for strength in my spirit for whatever or whoever You put in my path. Lord, I also pray for my friend who had surgery yesterday to have physical strength. I know You did not wake me up at 1:59 to pray for her for no reason. I also pray for my friends who are going through a change of season in their ministry life. I pray You will continue to be their strength. Father, thank You for being My Anchor. Amen.



No comments: