Sunday, March 13, 2016

John 8:31-32 - "Open Up The Heavens"; "I Am Free"


This morning the Lord woke me up singing "Open Up The Heavens" and I was so excited to get to the church to get the day started. I prayed there were others who were ready for the Lord to be in our service. My physical body was so tired and it would have been so easy to go back to bed but I knew I did not want to miss anything the Lord had in store for our church family. As I was crying out to the Lord in Corporate Prayer Time He directed me to go into the sanctuary and pray over the chairs. At first I resisted because I didn't want to interrupt the Praise Team. Then He was adamant that not only did I need to pray over the chairs but I also needed to pray and anoint the podium Doc would be using. When He directed me to do that, I went. I love praying for my husband but I especially am obedient when the Lord directs my prayers specifically for him. I became so emotional and the weeping intensified as I prayed. As I made the sign of the cross on the corners of the podium it was as if a heaviness overtook me and I laid my head on it weeping. The thought of people thinking I had lost my mind flitted through me but then the Lord told me to keep praying. Doc had shared with me earlier he woke up with a song about being brave. After hearing his sermon I understood why the Lord gave him that encouragement. He was bold with the truth. Many people don't like to hear such preaching but the Lord sure was pleased!


The emotional time this morning was tiring to my already tired body. As I entered the sanctuary tonight I asked the Lord to use me as a Prayer Warrior but to please not let it be so emotional. Then He directed my prayers for the prodigals. I looked up the definition and they are: "a person who leaves home and behaves recklessly, but later makes a repentant return." We have many on our list who have left not only the church but a relationship with the Lord. There are many who pretend to still be in relationship with Him even though they are not going to church. Then there are some who are blatantly living a life of sin and not wanting anything to do with Him. As I prayed, He reminded me of the words He said in John 8...


Yes! "...the truth will set you free." May the prodigals come back to the Truth. May they realize they can't do life on their own strength. May they no longer be enslaved to sin. May they no longer have to be in control but instead will allow the Lord free reign over their lives. May they not have fear in returning to the Lord. May they be strong enough to not listen to the lies of the enemy. May they have an experience with the Lord that will remind them of what they use to have AND then turn back to it. May there not just be restoration in the prodigal's lives but may they have a newness in their spiritual walk.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for today being a day of blessings. Thank You for my husband who preached boldly what You gave him. Lord, I pray for the prodigal's to return to you. I pray they will find freedom in the Truth. I pray You will reveal new things to them. Lord, thank You for using me to pray for them. Oh how I will rejoice as they return to You. Lord, I was a prodigal who returned and You had Your arms wide open when I repented. May many others find that same experience. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You in me. Ooze out of me, Lord. Thank You for being My Freedom. Amen.


No comments: