Saturday, March 19, 2016

Acts 2:40-41 - "Need To Breathe"



I woke up this morning singing Need To Breathe's "Streets of Gold" and immediately started thinking about the ones who have lost loved ones and the ones who have loved ones close to leaving this earth. We never know when our time on earth will be finished and we need to live like every day is our last day here. We need to have no regrets on telling our loved ones we love them or going to see them. Most importantly we need to make sure we are right with the Lord. When Peter spoke to the people on the day of Pentecost he pleaded with them to leave the life of sin and be in relationship with the Lord. "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those words could be said today for many. My heart breaks for those who refuse to accept the Lord. It breaks for those who were in relationship with Him yet walked away. It breaks for the children that are in an environment of sin. I can't imagine how the Lord's heart is breaking. People need to get to the point in life where they realize if they are going to see their loved ones again when they leave this earth then they need to make the decisions their loved ones made. If their loved ones followed the Lord, they must do the same in order to be with them for eternity. No one knows what heaven will be like other than the descriptions we read about in the Bible. Some argue that we won't know one another in heaven. I cannot say for certain whether we will or not but I sure don't want to take any chance with my eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for being the One I chose to follow. Lord, come down upon my family and friends who are dealing with death in their loved ones or who are watching their loved ones suffer on this earth. Father, be their Comfort. Lord, I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for all You put in my path. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so Your words and Your attitude will be mine. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.


No comments: