Wednesday, March 9, 2016

James 1:2-4 - "Crave"

The sun was shining this morning so pretty but most importantly the Son was shining down upon me. There seems to be so many people in my little world going through tough times. Some are dealing with physical issues in themselves or family members. Some are dealing with death in their family. Some are dealing with tough times. We all go through them but we must remember who our strength is and that He gives us hope. This song came on this morning as I started the truck...

Hope is what we crave,
And that will never change
So I stand and wait
I need a drop of grace
To carry me today,
A simple song to say
It's written on my soul:
Hope's what we crave

Each and every day we have a choice to make. We can surrender the day ahead to the Lord or we can 'fight' through it ourselves. When we have things we don't want to do, if we surrender them to Him He will enable us to get through them. He is our Hope in that we do not have to live this life alone. He is our Strength. He is our Joy as we allow Him to guide our days. I often think of the words of James 1:2-4....


The Lord can, and will, use our circumstances to grow our faith. It just takes perseverance through tough times. When we begin to feel like we can't go on, we must remember what Jesus did on the cross. He could have given up but He didn't. Instead He fulfilled His Father's will. That is what we do when we don't give up. We fulfill our Father's will. The desire of His heart is for us to live a life of holiness for Him. Giving up is not part of that life. Persevering on and growing closer to Him is His will.

Dear Jesus,
I pray this morning for so many who are going through tough times. I pray You will be with them and encourage them to not give up. Lord, when we have things we don't want to do would You please encourage us so we do them with Your attitude and Your words? Would You fill me to overflowing with You, Lord? I don't want anything to be in me or flow out of me that is not of You. Father, mend relationships...love on people in a way there will be no doubt it is You. I pray You will use me in whatever way You desire to enable people to see You are their hope. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Crave. Amen.


No comments: