Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Galatians 5 - "How Can It Be"


I woke up this morning with a song Lauren Daigle sings called "How Can It Be" in my mind. 

You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be
How can it be


There are so many people who can't begin to comprehend how the Lord can love them so they won't accept Him. Many believe they have 'been too bad' or 'do too much bad stuff' so they won't even give Him a chance. All it takes is that first step to find His love, grace and mercy. But sometimes that first step is too hard to take. It is easier to stay in a life of sin than to be in a life with Christ. Being a believer is a tough thing to do. But the rewards are worth all the work. Seeing a smile on someone's face when You share the Lord with them is awesome! Hearing from the Lord when You are needing comfort, answers or direction is the best thing to experience. Having the Lord's joy in your spirit is encouraging even in tough days. He rewards our efforts as we live for Him in this fallen world. The freedom found in a life with Christ is unexplainable. Many think there are too many restrictions if you are a believer. It is the guidelines found in His Word on how to live a life for Him that give freedom. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the days ahead today. Father, I am trying to not stress over life right now but it become increasingly hard. I pray for the freedom of Your peace to be over my day...my week. I pray for more of You that will enable me to see things through Your eyes and not through my own. Father, fill me to overflowing with You in a mighty way. I pray for my thoughts to not be all over the place but to be able to concentrate on what You desire of me when I need to. Thank You Jesus for being My Freedom. Amen.

No comments: