Thursday, March 17, 2016

Acts 2:17-23 - "Beautiful Day"

I am so, so tired physically from yesterday even after nine hours of sleep. I sure didn't want to get up when the alarm clock went off and was already thinking how I could get a nap in today. But then the Lord gave me this song to remind me the day ahead is a "Beautiful Day"! I was blessed in knowing that when I start my day with Him and live with Him in me the day will be exactly what He wants. In that I will be blessed. Yesterday is gone but today is here. I need to live in today. Too many times people live in yesterday or even tomorrow and forget that today is where they need to live. It is like they skip over today because they want something so badly in the future. When that happens, blessings of today are missed. I don't want to miss anything the Lord has for me. We need to remember the Lord has us exactly where we are for this particular moment.

And ooh there's something 'bout the way Your sun shines on my face
It's a love so true, I could never get enough of You
This feeling can't be wrong, I'm about to get my worship on
Take me away, It's a beautiful day

We do not know how long we have on this earth. I believe the Lord is returning soon and I sure want to make sure I am ready for Him. I need to make sure I am surrendered to Him wholly in order to hear His voice in knowing what He desires of me to do. The words spoken by the Prophet Joel and then repeated by the Apostle Peter in Acts 2 ones to think about...


These things are happening. The coolest thing for me is having His Spirit upon me throughout my days. Every day when I wake up I ask Him to put more of Himself in me so people will see and hear Him through me. Today is a new day. Yesterday is over and tomorrow is yet to be. Today He has put me in this place. I pray He will use me in some mighty ways.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this day! Thank You for the difficulties of yesterday and the promises of tomorrow! Thank You for the way You use me to be a beacon of light in my little world. 
Lord, I pray for those who are living in the yesterdays or the tomorrows of their life. I pray they will live in today, right where You have them. Enable them to see the blessings of today.
Father, last night as I prayed before going to sleep I voiced my concerns over things that I was beginning to fret over. You so clearly told me not to allow the enemy to get into my thoughts. Thank You for that reminder. Lord, You are in control of all of my being. I pray Your control over the things that I feel 'need' accomplished. Direct my path. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Director! Amen.


No comments: