Saturday, March 26, 2016

Galatians 5:22-25 - "Let Them See You"


This morning the Lord once again took me to Galatians 5. He spoke to me about verses twenty-two through twenty-five...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

If people are to see Him in us, He must flow from us. The only way for Him to flow from us is when His Spirit is in us. Accepting Him into our heart is only the first step. Many people think that is enough but it is just the beginning. We must be surrendered to Him in order to have all of the benefits of knowing what He desires of us. The last part of these passage of Scripture says it all..."Since we live by the Spirit..." that is we live with Him in our heart "...let us keep in step with the Spirit" that is we are listening to Him and following His lead. In order to be able to hear Him we must make sure we are in the right relationship with Him.

The desire of my heart is to be filling the desire of His heart. I love this picture for the reminder today that I am a living testimony for Him. People see Him when they see me. A believer is being watched at all times. People watch to see how a believer will react to something or what their words are. When you are a pastor, a pastor's wife or their children, it seems people are watching even closer. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today on living in the Spirit. I know the only way for the fruit of the Spirit to show through in my life is to be surrendered wholly to You. Father, thank You for the Cross Walk yesterday. How emotional it was as I walked and watched different ones carrying the cross. Thank You for healing in my body that enabled me to do the walk. Lord, I pray someone along the route yesterday saw it and will draw closer to You. I pray for those who participated to have a closer walk with You through it. Father, I pray for today to be a day filled willed with You. Be my words and my actions. I pray for our time with a friend this morning...give us wisdom on what to say. I pray for those who are gathering at my Momma's house today to have a blessed time. I pray for those at the wedding this afternoon to find You. Lord, most of all I pray for more of You in me so that Your fruit will ooze out of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Leader. Amen.

No comments: