Friday, March 18, 2016

Acts 2 - "Open Up The Heavens"

I woke up this morning singing....

Open up the heavens
We want to see you
Open up the floodgates
A mighty river
Flowing from your heart
Filling every part of our praise


Woo hoo! Yes! Thank You Jesus! This is the desire of my heart...to see Him come to life in our lives. Today is Friday...woo hoo! My favorite day of the week when it's Doc's day off! That means we spend the day together which is not anything too different than the other days of week but there is one exception. We consciously make the effort to not discuss church. It is our time. When one starts talking about church things, the other one stops them. That might sound harsh but when you take a Sabbath it is suppose to be that you get away from your normal routine. Church is our life except on our Sabbath. It is not that we aren't with the Lord. It is just that we try to not discuss or do 'church' stuff. We still do ministry on our Sabbath because that is who we are. We just try to not do our 'normal church' ministry. I am excited for today! We are going to go do a little shopping, probably eat out and then I have been asked to anoint and pray over a man who needs a physical healing in his body. Oh how I love to be used by the Lord! I am praying for this to happen today in this man's life...

Show us, show us your glory
Show us, show us your power
Show us, show us your glory, Lord


This morning He took me back to the Early Church in Acts 2 and I stopped at verse twenty-two...



These words of Peter were spoken to the Israelites but they have great meaning to me. Jesus performed miracles, wonders and signs while on this earth. He continues to perform them today. I strive to be Christ-like. When I do, then I will be a vessel for Him to perform miracles, wonders and signs through. That is what I am praying for as I go and anoint this one this afternoon. I am praying for a miraculous healing in his legs. If it doesn't happen today, I know it will begin today and will be accomplished in the days ahead. I have faith that this one will be healed. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this day that is ahead! Thank You for the sun shining down upon us but most of all thank You for the Son shining down upon us! Lord, I have faith that You will provide a healing for this one I will be praying over today. I know Your desire is for Your servant to be back serving You. "...on earth as it is in heaven..." is my prayer for him. There is no infection in heaven. Therefore, I pray the infection out of his earthly body. Lord, empower me to be Your vessel that is used in his healing process. Lord, I am so excited for this day in so many ways. Thank You for giving this day to Doc and I to have for us. You would think I was a new bride in the way I am feeling today. Woo hoo! Thank You for giving me so much love for my husband. The deeper I fall in love with You, the deeper I fall in love with him. Thank You for filling me with more of You so my words and actions are more Christ-like. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for being The One To Use Me. Amen.



No comments: