Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I Peter 1:24-25 - "Your Words"


I am so blessed. Woo hoo! I am ready to explode this morning. Today is full of all kinds of things on the calendar. When I went to bed last night, I prayed for God to give me exactly what I needed for today. I prayed for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual strength. He sure is filling my tank up this morning! Talking and laughing with Doc is a wonderful way to start my day. Then the song the Lord gave me ("Your Words") was icing on the cake! Part of the lyrics are in the Scripture He took me too! Wow!

Let me hear Your words
Above all other voices
Above all the distractions in this world

Yes! That is what I desire! I do not want to miss anything the Lord has to say to me! I am grateful for His Words, the Bible. I am also grateful for His Words that come through others and through reading the Bible. I love the words to this song....

For Your words bring life
And Your voice speaks promises
Lord, Your love offers more
Than anything else in this world


Your words give us life that's never ending
Your words bring us love that never fails
Everything else will fade away
But what will remain
Are Your words


Yes! His Words are the only thing that will last forever. But in order to have His Words for eternity we first must accept Him and surrender to Him. When we do, then we will be able to say and mean....

Let us speak Your words
More than ours, more than ever
Let us share Your love with all the world

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for this morning! Thank You for the time with Doc, the song and the Scripture You gave me and for the reminder of the path to spending eternity with You. Father, empower me by filling me with more of You. I pray for Your Words to be my words today and Your actions to be my actions. Lord, I also pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ to surrender to You. I pray for non-believers to accept You today. Lord, bless those who seek You. Thank You for being My Words. Amen.


No comments: