Friday, March 4, 2016

I Peter 1:16b - "Open Up The Heavens"


Yesterday in my school work I was reading about the Jews. In one of the articles about the exiled Jews it mentioned a group of them as being "a faithful remnant" which I started pondering upon. According to the dictionary, the word remnant means "a small remaining quantity of something." Sometimes as I look at the 'church' today I see "a faithful remnant" instead of a unified body of believers. There are many in the church who claim salvation and happy to live in that state. There are few in the church who claim sanctification and are seeking more of the Lord. It saddens me there are not more seeking sanctification. I can't begin to imagine how the Lord feels. This morning He woke me up with the song "Open Up The Heavens" and I just wanted to sit and cry. I felt like crying tears of joy in expectation of having the floodgates open. But on the other hand I felt like crying tears of sadness because until the corporate body of believers surrender He won't open the floodgates out upon the body. What a joyous day it will be in all churches when people can sing these words and truly mean them...

Open up the heavens, we wanna see You
Open up the floodgates, a mighty river
Flowing from Your heart and filling every part of our praise

Your presence in this place, Your Glory on our face,
We're looking to the sky.
Descending like a cloud, You're standing with us now,
Lord unveil our eyes.


The desire of the Lord's heart is for more believers to be holy. He wants all not just part of our being. He wants more believers to go past the step of salvation and plunge into a life of being set apart. I continue to pray for this to happen in more lives. I pray for more people to realize the only way for His true peace is to live a life of surrender. I pray for those who are in the 'pretend mode' to have their eyes opened.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for leading me down the path of surrender. Thank You for the way you continue to grow me and take me deeper into relationship with You. Oh Father, my heart breaks to see believers who continue to live engrossed in the world instead of totally for You. I can't imagine how You feel. Father, I pray today You will use me as a vessel of change through my words and my actions so You can make a difference through me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: