Friday, March 25, 2016

Galatians 5:1 - "Good, Good Father"

I woke up singing a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Good, Good Father" and started thinking about all the ways the Lord shows He loves me. 

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, It's who you are, It's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, It's who I am, It's who I am


He shows His love for me when...
  • He gives me peace...in the midst of chaos
  • He needs to discipline me...even though I may not understand at the time
  • He allows me to suffer...in order to go deeper in my relationship with Him
  • He comforts me....in times of hurt
  • He uses me to pray for others...it encourages me that I am His servant
  • He directs me to do something that I don't want to do or something that doesn't make sense...He encourages me
  • He gives me ways to love people...even when some are difficult 
  • He gives me a song to start my day...knowing how much music means to me 
  • He encourages me through others...in 'good' times and 'bad'
Yes! He is a "Good, Good Father" in all that He does for me. I am so blessed by Him! This morning He took me back to Galatians 5 and encouraged me with the very first verse...


Through Christ I no longer have to be a slave to the ways of the world. Being surrendered to Him means He is in charge of my checkbook. Therefore, I do not have to be a slave to 'stuff' or bills. Being surrendered to Him means He is in charge of my calendar. Therefore, I do not have to be a slave to being pulled a hundred different ways. Being surrendered to Him means He is in charge of my loved ones. Therefore, I do not have to fret over them. The secret is to be surrendered wholly to Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this day that is ahead. You know the things on the calendar but You also know the things You desire of me to do that are not on the calendar. Father, I pray for more of You to show through my words and actions. I pray You will ooze out of me in a mighty way today. Lord, I could fret over a whole lot of aspects of this day but I refuse to give the enemy any open door. Instead I am looking to You to provide strength...physical, mental, emotional but most of all spiritual for this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Master. Amen.


No comments: