Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Acts 2:42 - "Background"


God is so amazing in the way He encourages me. Yesterday He encouraged me through my brother-in-law telling me how much he appreciated me never giving up, talking with my sister, giving me the strength to do what I needed to do, bringing people to my mind to pray for throughout the day and He encouraged me through my school work. The Lord knew I needed encouragement in order to stay focused on Him throughout the day. Woo hoo! He is so awesome! My prayers over the last few weeks have been focused on the prodigals. Doc asked us, as a corporate body of believers, to pray for the prodigals and so I have been intentionally doing so. 

In my studies yesterday there was a question on whether or not the monasticism way of life would enable the church of today to recover the purity that has been lost. I definitely believe if more believers were getting away from the busyness of the world and spending quality time with the Lord, purity would be restored. There has to be time spent in His Word daily, intentional listening in quietness, praying, surrendering fully to Him, etc. in order to live the life He desires of all. Life in today’s society keeps people too busy. The busyness of the world has taken over many lives and pulled people not only away from church activities but also away from the daily spiritual disciplines we are taught to uphold. I wonder how many people today would survive if they had a leader such as Anthony who according to Dr. Cunningham was known for representing “…a movement of protest against the accommodation of the church to the world” . I do not believe there would be many who would survive under his power. Many people in the Church today “…are under the power of the Evil One” (Cunningham) instead of God. Living a life of holiness is going by the wayside.  My heart breaks for not only the believers who are being pulled away from purity but for the generations to come who will not know what a true church looks like. Once again I pray for the true church to come back into existence. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and all of the ways You encouraged me. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I pray for You to fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You in and through me. Lord, I am so excited about this day because I know You are going to reveal some mighty things. I am thankful for the way You are with my loved ones through their medical tests today. I am blessed in knowing You are the One who will be heard today by many believers who are being deceived by the enemy. Lord, thank You for being who You are in my life. I pray for more people to come into full relationship with You today. I pray for those who are wishy-washy to become grounded in their faith. Lord, cleanse me of anything that is not of You. Purify me in a new way today. Thank You Jesus for being My Purifier! Amen.

No comments: