Monday, March 7, 2016

I Peter 1:3-5 - "Worn"; "Open Up The Heavens"


I woke up this morning singing the chorus to a song Tenth Avenue North sings called "Worn" and tears came to my eyes. Yesterday was an exhausting day with intense praying for my church family. A few weeks ago the Lord directed Doc to ask us to pray for the lost and the prodigals. I have been praying for restoration in people's relationship with the Lord but yesterday was so overwhelming. At the 5PM prayer time I wept as I went down the church list. There are so many who are choosing the world over God. That choice is only going to get them eternity with satan instead of the Lord. As I prayed, I asked God if I was the cause of anyone no longer being in church and if so to reveal to me what I could do about it. As a ministry leader I feel responsible for people. I repented of anything I did or continue to do to push people away. I also prayed for others in our church to do the same. I prayed for a unified spirit and as Doc talked of yesterday for people to feel the Holy Spirit even when driving by the building. I prayed for more people to be in prayer. I prayed for people to desire more of the Lord. These words seemed so appropriate to me this morning as I reflect on yesterday...

Oh Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn
I want to know a song can rise from the ashes of a 
broken life
And all that's dead inside can be reborn
Cause I'm worn


There are so many believers who need a cleansing. A few weeks ago the Lord gave me the word 'new' and told me there is something 'new' ahead in my life. It would be awesome to have a newness in my church family. New in the fact that people were totally surrendered to the Lord. Then our church body would be on fire for Him. There would no longer be ministries needing leaders with such newness. People would desire to come to church. I pray more of our church body will get to the point of the words in "Open Up The Heavens"...

Open up the heavens
We want to see you
Open up the floodgates
A mighty river
Flowing from your heart
Filling every part of our praise

Your presence in this place
Your glory on our face


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for the answer to pray with Branden's pain being gone. Thank You for the way You spoke to us yesterday. Thank You for this new day that is ahead. I pray for newness in spirits today. I pray for newness to show through in my words and actions. Fill me to overflowing with more of You, Lord. Ooze out of me in a new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Newness. Amen.

No comments: