Monday, March 28, 2016

II Chronicles 7:14 - "Keys To The Kingdom"


As I reflect back on the weekend I am amazed at the way the Lord works. A few months ago I never would have been able to enjoy this weekend the way I did. Friday with the Cross Walk was very emotional for me. As I followed behind the cross I thought about how the Lord died for me but I also cried when I began thinking how He lives in and through me. He heals me when I need a physical touch. He loves me in abundance when I need an emotional touch. He encourages me when I need a spiritual touch. Saturday was full with meeting with a friend in the morning who needed to talk. As I listened, I once again was overwhelmed with the way the Lord loves us. He is this one's strength in the midst of a mighty storm. I praise the Lord for the way He uses us to be encouragement to others. Every time Doc has a wedding it seems I draw closer to him and the Lord. As I listened to the couple repeat their vows I was once again blessed in knowing the Lord is the cohesive of our marriage. Spending time with friends over dinner Saturday was the icing on the cake as we laughed and talked. Resurrection Sunday is one of my favorites because of the great celebration that happens. A highlight of my day was when the teens and I taught the children's Sunday School class. I love hearing their answers to the true meaning of Easter. Another highlight of the day was hearing Doc give the date of April 17 for "Miracle/Victory Sunday." I am so excited for what the Lord wants to do in the Willard Church of the Nazarene. Last night at Corporate Prayer Time I prayed that He will be allowed to come and show His power with miracles. I know the only way for that to happen is for people to be fasting and praying. It hurts my heart for so few to be involved in Corporate Prayer Time. Oh how I pray for April 17 to truly be a day where people allow the Lord to be among us. 

The emotions of the weekend ran deep. Knowing I missed a family gathering at my Momma's was hard. Not being with my children and grandchildren was hard. I have to keep my focus on what the Lord desires of me in order to not get down about such things. The weekend was full of physical activity too. I praise the Lord for the healing He gave in my body on February 4 that enabled me to walk the Cross Walk, be involved in the wedding and then to be a part of all of the Resurrection Sunday activities. I also praise Him for eleven hours of sleep last night! Now as I look at the week ahead I know I need Jesus to be my focus. I have a big research paper due this week along with another project next week for school in the midst of the rest of life. I was reading something this morning a friend wrote that really spoke to me. "Now it's Monday morning and already I see challenges of things I need to get to - I will need to live in a 'Sunday World' as I face my Monday challenges. - He is risen - it's time for some victorious living!" Amen!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love and encourage me! Thank You for the way You provide for me! Lord, enable me to stay focused on You throughout this day...this week. Father, I pray for those who heard the message yesterday to think about it today. I pray for my Church family to be praying and fasting over these next 21 days. I pray You will be invited into the lives of the people in such a way that will forever change all of us. Father, fill me with more of You...enable me to be focused so I will know the desires of Your heart for me throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus. Amen.

No comments: