Saturday, March 5, 2016

I Peter 1 - "Take My Life (Holiness)"

Every time I read the beginning verses of I Peter 1 I get the 'Holy Spirit goosebumps'...what a blessing...

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia,Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
When we have received the Lord into our hearts, we are a part of "God's elect" to be chosen for eternal life with Him. But we also are chosen to be obedient to Him through living a sanctified life. He has put us on this earth to live for Him. Sometimes that is not easy. But then again it was not always easy for Jesus when He walked on this earth. One thing we must remember is that in order to live as He desires of us we must become Christ-like. His words in verse sixteen are a direction we are to go...


A life of holiness is where one finds "Grace and peace..." as Peter talks about. It is a life of not only hearing from the Lord but listening to His words. It is a life of complete surrender. I know there are some that say I harp on this way too much. It is not I but the Lord that has this in my mind. I am His faithful servant who shares what He gives. It breaks my heart to see so many believers not share in this way of life. 

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for Your Word. I praise You for Your love. I praise You for who You are in my life. Father, fill me to overflowing so You will ooze out of me. May Your words be my words. I pray You will direct my feet in the path You desire of me. Lord, I pray for more believers to not only hear but to follow Your direction in this way of life. I pray for more to surrender everything to You. Thank You for the grace and peace You have given me and continue to bless me with. Thank You for being My Desire. Amen.


No comments: