Thursday, March 24, 2016

Galatians 5:6b; Proverbs 27:5-6 - "Air I Breathe"

The Lord woke me up singing...."You are the air I breathe...You are the song I bleed." Immediately He took me Galatians 5 and stopped me at the end of the sixth verse...


In Galatians 5 Paul is rebuking the Galatians for the way they did not listen to what he had previously told them. He did this because he loved them so greatly and did not want to see them living away from the Lord. Many times I do not confront someone because I do not want them to get mad at me or feel like I am being judgmental. Yet as believers we must hold one another accountable but it must be done in the love of Christ. Before we confront we first must talk to the Lord. If He gives us the direction to do so, He will provide the means  and also will prepare their hearts ahead of time. Matthew Henry writes...

No outward privileges or profession will avail to acceptance with God, without sincere faith in our Lord Jesus. True faith is a working grace; it works by love to God, and to our brethren. May we be of the number of those who, through the Spirit, wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 

 "...sincere faith...true faith..." Yes! Our faith in the Lord must be sincere in order to truly be true. The only way to have such faith is through His love. I love what Henry says about what we can do through the Spirit. "...wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." Woo hoo! Waiting is not always easy but it is definitely something that will bless us. No matter what we do or say, we first must wait on the Lord for His direction.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life. Thank You for the way You provided strength for yesterday and will provide strength for today. Lord, You know what I think the day will look like but I don't want to do anything that is not on Your agenda for me. May You fill me with more of You so I will see and hear what You desire of me. I pray for open ears, open eyes and an open heart in myself. I pray You will enable me to see the opportunities You put before me. Lord, You know the stresses I am facing and I pray peace upon my spirit. Enable me to not worry about the days ahead but to take one day at a time. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Put My Faith. Amen.

No comments: