Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Isaiah 43:1b-3a - "My Story"

I woke up in the middle of the night with "My Story" that Big Daddy Weave sings in my head. What a blessing to be reminded of where I've been and where I am today. It is so awesome that God is a God of second chances. I am a perfect example of how His grace, mercy and love can restore one back into relationship with Him. Not only did He restore our relationship but He made it even better.

If I told you my story
You would hear victory over the enemy
And if I told you my story
You would hear freedom that was won for me
And if I told you my story
You would hear Life overcome the grave

Yes! I was headed down a road of destruction toward hell when the Lord gave me freedom over sin. Had He not done that I wouldn't start my days in the Word. Had He not done that I would not be able to hear His Voice nor would I probably want to. Had He not done that I would be miserable. Had He not done that I would not even begin to understand the depth of His love. Had He not done that I would still be living a life headed to hell instead of a life of eternity with Him.


I am so blessed to be able to have the opportunity to share the Lord with others. I love these words that remind me that I do need to tell my story so others will have hope through the knowledge that nothing we do is 'too bad' for the Lord. He will accept us with loving arms at all times. He is blessed when we come to Him with our brokenness. 

If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for being a God of second chances. Thank You for all the ways You pour out Yourself on those who are living a life in You. Lord, I pray for more of You to fill me today. I pray people will see and hear You through me in all that I do and say. I pray for someone today to come into relationship with You today because of something I say or do. Lord, You are such a blessing to me! Thank You for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: