Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Acts 2:47b - "Prodigal"

I woke up this morning singing...

Wherever you are, whatever you did
It's a page in your book, but it isn't the end
Your Father will meet you with arms open wide
This is where your heart belongs
Come running like a prodigal


I am grateful for the way the Lord has me praying for believers who have slipped away from Him but it is overwhelming when it seems like I am adding to the list daily. I think of the verse in Acts where it reads how they added to their numbers daily. That is the positive addition where people were coming into fellowship in the Early Church. 


The flowers on this bush made me think about the different stages of a believer's life. There are buds that represent the non-believer. There are buds starting to sprout that represent those who are starting to seek Him. The buds that are in bloom are the believers who are living for Him. If this would have had a withering bloom, that would represent those who believe yet have chosen the ways of the world in place of God. Many prodigals are living a life where they are believing the lies of the enemy. Oh how I pray for the day to come where they will be back in full relationship with Him. They will no longer believe the lies of the enemy but instead will believe the truth of the King. As more prodigals return to the church and more of the believers in the church surrender to Him then, and only then, will the church be effective and have His full power. That is the church I want to be a part of. That is the church the Holy Spirit desires to have free reign.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the challenges before us in our home with water issues. I know there is a lesson to be learned or something that will come out of this situation. Father, I pray for Your words to be my words and Your actions to be my actions throughout this day. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people see and hear You in me. Lord, take away anxiousness that is trying to creep into my day. Fill my day with joy in abundance as I seek You. Thank You Jesus for being My King! Amen.


No comments: