Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Revelation 22:1 - "Dance in the River"

  • "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 
  • (Revelation 22:1)
Woo hoo!!!!  "…pure river of water of life…"  This is a picture of what we will see when we go to heaven.  There is a song called "Dance in the River" that encourages us to "Dance in the River" now.  Here, on this earth, we can "Dance in the River" when we live a life with Christ.  I love what is said on this video.  "The River Jesus….everywhere it flows brings life to dead places."  Woo hoo!!!  As I think about that I think of the Lord's Prayer where it goes, "…on earth as it is in heaven."  Yes!  We can experience a little bit of heaven while on this earth when we live for Him.

Heaven has no death.  Heaven has no pain.  Heaven has no negative thoughts or talk.  How do I know these things when I've never been to heaven?  I know them because the Lord has told me through His Word and through His Voice.  I know them because I have faith in what the Lord has told me.  

I remember as a little girl singing a song that went, "I've got a river of life flowing out of me…makes the lame to walk and the blind to see…opens heavens doors, sets the captives free…"  It is exciting to think that as a child I sang of Jesus being a river of life in me and now as an adult I am experiencing it in great depth.  I have seen miracles in physical bodies.  I have seen people set free.  I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Jesus is a river flowing through me.  

As I think about a river on this earth, sometimes it's deep and sometimes it's shallow.  It depends upon how much rain there is.  That's just like Jesus in me.  It depends upon how much I put Him in me on how deep He is in my life.  Some rivers have rapids while others are calm and peaceful.  That's how life can be.  When we surrender to the Lord, we have peace that only comes through a relationship with Him.  Even when rapids happen in life there is still peace.  Some rivers are clean while others are pretty muddy.  Once again that's how our life with the Lord is.  He is our Cleanser.  When we allow Him full access, there will be such clarity in our lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You!  I am so blessed to have You be the River of Life that flows out of me.  Lord, I pray You will be so real to people through me.  I ask for an anointing upon me, Lord, where there will be no doubt that You are in me and working through me.  Father, sometimes I wonder if I'm effective as Your servant?  Am I missing opportunities You put before me?  Do people see You in me?  Father, I pray they do.  I pray for people to come to You through me.  Thank You Jesus for being My River of Life.  Amen.





No comments: