Saturday, July 5, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - Missing My Daddy

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

Last night I found a get well card my Daddy sent to me. "Rinky Think, I love you and pray for you everyday. Ruffus"  I started bawling because I miss him so much but also because I lost one of my greatest encouragers.  I know he is in a much better place and out of pain.  I have to keep reminding myself of that.  I know my Momma misses him too.  This surgery has been so tough on her emotionally and I know it's because he isn't here to encourage her.  

As I sit here and think about my Daddy, the wind begins to gently blow.  The wind chimes given to us at the time of his death are outside of my window and make the most beautiful sound.  Gentle yet strong.  That's how my Daddy was.

Not too long ago a friend asked when the hurt would lessen from the death of her Momma.  I shared that days do become easier but there are still some where you fall apart.  Those are the days where the Lord wraps His loving arms around you and comforts you.  I am so thankful for the Lord's strength, especially during the tough days.

I always wanted to be just like my Daddy and I wanted him to be proud of me.
My Daddy was strong…I will be strong.
My Daddy had a positive spirit…I will be positive.
My Daddy was bold when he felt like he needed to be…I will be bold.
My Daddy was a God-fearing man…I will be God-fearing.
My Daddy was a fighter…I will be a fighter.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my earthly Daddy.  Thank You for the relationship we had that made it easy to have a relationship with my Heavenly Daddy.  I don't know if people who leave this earth can see those of us left behind.  But if they can I pray my Daddy is proud of me.  I pray he sees me as a strong, God-fearing lady.  Thank You Jesus for being the One I Want To Fear.  Amen.

No comments: